The best way to eliminate mold is to reduce the opportunity for growth. Here are some tips to help reduce the possibility of mold growth in your home or business:
- Be sure your home or business has proper ventilation to help remove damp air. This includes any residential dryer vents.
- Keep interior humidity levels low (ideally below 50%).
- Repair roof, wall or plumbing leaks to remove moisture.
- If flooding does occur, clean up and dry the area thoroughly and quickly. Remove or replace carpets or upholstery that cannot be dried quickly or completely.
- Add mold inhibitors to paint prior to painting.