Because mold can be toxic and expensive to remediate, the best policy is to help prevent mold in your home. Preventing mold is fairly simple and can save you from future problems.
Mold cannot grow without moisture, so the way to avoid mold is to control moisture. Here are some ways to help prevent mold growth in your home:
• Check around window frames to be sure they are sealed tightly so no water can get in.
• Check around toilets, tubs, sinks, and water heater to ensure there is no water leakage.
• Examine the roof for any signs of water leakage.
• Make sure bathrooms have adequate ventilation.
• Check the basement and attic for any musty smells.
• Keep rain gutters clean. Leaves and debris can cause water back up, which can seep into your walls and attic.
Preventive moisture maintenance is key to stay on top of potential mold issues. If you have questions or concerns, contact the professionals at East Coast Mold Remediation.