Useful Tips to reduce mold from your property
The best way to eliminate mold is to reduce the opportunity for growth. Here are some tips to help reduce the possibility of mold growth in your home or business:
- Be sure your home or business has proper ventilation to help remove damp air. This includes any residential dryer vents.
- Keep interior humidity levels low (ideally below 50%).
- Repair roof, wall or plumbing leaks to remove moisture.
- If flooding does occur, clean up and dry the area thoroughly and quickly. Remove or replace carpets or upholstery that cannot be dried quickly or completely.
- Add mold inhibitors to paint prior to painting.