Mold in your home can be a costly and difficult problem to remedy. It can also produce pollutants in the air that may adversely affect your health. The best way to approach mold is to prevent it before it becomes problematic.
Tips to prevent the growth of mold:
- Examine your home to identify any areas that are wet or damp and address these areas immediately.
- Fix any leaks right away.
- Dry any wet areas and hang damp clothes or towels to dry immediately.
- Ensure your home is properly ventilated to prevent moisture. Use exhaust fans and vents in rooms such as the kitchen, bathroom and laundry room.
- Use mold-resistant products whenever possible.
- Maintain the humidity level inside your home at less than 60 percent. Monitoring can be done by installing a hygrometer to measure the moisture.
- Use a dehumidifier to remove any additional moisture in the air.
- Make sure outside water is directed away from your home.
- Add insulation to help control heat transfer which can create condensation.
If you suspect a mold issue in your home and want a mold inspection, or have additional questions, contact East Coast Mold Remediation.