What is Black Mold?
Black mold, also known as stachybotrys chartarum, is a type of mold found in homes and businesses. East Coast Mold Remediation specializes in black mold remediation services in Baltimore, MD, to ensure you breathe fresh, clean air. Black mold is usually dark in color, often appearing as brownish-black dots. The critical thing to remember is that dark-colored mold is not always black mold. Other types of mold include aspergillus, chaetomium, and cladosporium penicillin. It’s essential to have a mold remediation specialist evaluate and inspect your home to determine the type of mold. We can find it hidden in challenging spaces and effectively remove it. Contact us today to learn more!
Why Is Black Mold Dangerous?
Black mold is dangerous, especially for people who have asthma or allergies. It can also cause people with weak immune systems to inhale the mold spores and develop flu-like symptoms. Prolonged black mold exposure can lead to lung damage, infections, and other respiratory issues.
What Is Involved in Our Black Mold Remediation Process?
The East Coast Mold Remediation professionals have the equipment and training to safely eliminate any type of mold. Our black mold remediation process includes:
- Evaluation: We evaluate to determine if you have black mold and identify the cause of the mold. The most common causes of black mold are leaking air conditioning systems, roofs, and pipes. We’ll immediately take action to begin black mold elimination.
- Inspection: If you choose, an independent Indoor Environmental Professional (IEP) can thoroughly inspect the areas of black mold, ensuring mold is located in the nooks and crannies.
- Remediation: Our professional team will seal up all affected areas, then scrub the mold with our commercial black mold remover. We work diligently to ensure all affected areas are effectively cleaned and dried before removing the seals.
- Control Moisture Levels: We use commercial-grade fans and dehumidifiers to prevent further moisture issues. If you chose to have an inspection performed by an Indoor Environmental Professional (IEP), they can verify success with a follow-up inspection after the black mold remediation process is complete,.
How Can I Prevent Black Mold?
You can take steps to prevent black mold growth in your home or business. The best ways to prevent mold growth include:
- Repair leaks as soon as possible
- Keep humidity levels below 50%
- Clean up spills
- Use exhaust fans when cooking or showering
- Don’t keep plants in levels of high moisture
- Use dehumidifiers during the warm months
Why Choose East Coast Mold Remediation
East Coast Mold Remediation provides top-notch black mold remediation services. Our team members receive comprehensive training to safely and effectively eliminate black mold and all types of mold. We are an Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certified company (IICRC) and follow the IICRC Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Mold Remediation. Our friendly staff is here to answer your questions and address your concerns about mold remediation services.
Contact East Coast Mold Remediation
East Coast Mold Remediation provides comprehensive mold services, from evaluation to verification. We understand thorough and efficient service is critical to the complete elimination of the mold. No matter the area of your home or business, we will quickly and efficiently eradicate mold. Contact East Coast Mold Remediation today to schedule an appointment.