Mold remediation is a specialized home service. It is important to choose a company with the experience to properly address any sources of mold and be sure mold is properly remediated.
Before beginning mold remediation, the moisture source must be repaired so the mold does not return. Then the mold remediation process can begin with the following steps:
- The contaminated area is isolated by containment barriers and put under negative pressure to prevent spreading any mold spores.
- Materials infected by mold spores are removed and cleaned or carefully discarded.
- The affected area is treated with products for the specific mold type.
- The areas are cleaned and sanitized to be sure all mold is eliminated.
- All areas inside the containment area are inspected to ensure they are visibly free of contamination and debris.
- Fans and dehumidifiers are used to assure moisture is completely evaporated.
At East Coast Mold Remediation, we are ready to recommend the best solutions for mold remediation. Contact us today!